Re: Psql or test application hangs when interface is down for the DB server

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Psql or test application hangs when interface is down for the DB server
Дата
Re: Psql or test application hangs when interface is down for the DB server
Список pgsql-bugs
"Valentin Bogdanov" <valiouk@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I have noticed this as well. Blocks in poll(), timeout parameter -1,

Oh good point. non-blocking sockets and poll/select let you control the
timeout too.

> meaning infinite then after 4 minutes on my system poll() returns 1 and
> getsockopt() is called with SO_ERROR. SYN packets are tried only for the
> default tcp timeout of 20 seconds.

Uhm, 20 seconds would be an unreasonably low default. I think the RFCs mandate
timeouts closer to the 4 minutes you describe.

--
  Gregory Stark

Сообщение: Re: Psql or test application hangs when interface is down for the DB server
Сообщение: Re: Psql or test application hangs when interface is down for the DB server