Re: Visibility map, partial vacuums

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Visibility map, partial vacuums
Дата
Re: Visibility map, partial vacuums  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> Would someone tell me why 'autovacuum_freeze_max_age' defaults to 200M
> when our wraparound limit is around 2B?

I suggested raising it dramatically in the post you quote and Heikki pointed
it controls the maximum amount of space the clog will take. Raising it to,
say, 800M will mean up to 200MB of space which might be kind of annoying for a
small database.

It would be nice if we could ensure the clog got trimmed frequently enough on
small databases that we could raise the max_age. It's really annoying to see
all these vacuums running 10x more often than necessary.

The rest of the thread is visible at the bottom of:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.postgresql.devel.general/107525

> Also, is anything being done about the concern about 'vacuum storm'
> explained below?

I'm interested too.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!