Re: extensions in 9.1

От Sebastian P. Luque
Тема Re: extensions in 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:36:15 -0400,
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Seb <spluque@gmail.com> writes:
>> I'm starting to migrate to 9.1 and see that there's a new mechanism
>> to install extensions via de "CREATE EXTENSION" command.  It seems
>> very simple and convenient, but with "CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc" I'm
>> getting the error:

>> ERROR: function "normal_rand" already exists with same argument types

> It sounds like you already have the old "unpackaged" version of that
> module installed.  You need to do a one-time conversion to get from
> that state to having the objects wrapped in an extension.  For the
> standard contrib modules that's done with "CREATE EXTENSION ... FROM
> unpackaged".

How can I check if this is the case?  I was getting that same error when
trying to install the adminpack onto the postgres database (as postgres
user of course).  If I try "CREATE EXTENSION adminpack FROM unpackaged"
onto the postgres database this way, I get:

ERROR:  extension "adminpack" has no update path from version "unpackaged" to version "1.0"

and "CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc FROM unpackaged" onto the template1
database, I get:

ERROR:  function normal_rand(integer, double precision, double precision) does not exist

--
Seb