Re: What's the point of allow_system_table_mods?

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: What's the point of allow_system_table_mods?
Дата
Re: What's the point of allow_system_table_mods?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers

 Andres> Why is it so much more dangerous? I've seen plenty of corrupted
 Andres> clusters due to people doing DML against the catalogs. I'm OK
 Andres> with adding separate GUCs for both, if we want to do that, but
 Andres> I do think we shouldn't allow updating the catalogs wthout
 Andres> having having the superuser explicitly opt into that.

Be aware that a nonzero number of extensions (postgis especially) do
catalog DML in their install or update scripts. While you might well
think they shouldn't do that, in practice there is usually no viable
alternative.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)