Re: CVS HEAD compile failure

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: CVS HEAD compile failure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> >>  int CRYPTO_set_locked_mem_functions(void *(*m)(size_t), void (*free_func)(void *));
>
> If there's a missing typedef shouldn't we see something like this:
>
>     `size_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> (assuming he is using gcc)?

Try it.

typedefs are weird in the C language, they change the syntactical value of the
identifier. The parser actually has to know whether an identifier is a typedef
or not in order to figure out how to parse the code.

Syntax errors in known good code, especially header files are a typical
symptom of missing typedefs. A good thing to know to recognize right away or
else you'll spend lots of time puzzling over seemingly good code.

--
greg