Re: Listing views

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Listing views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Olivier Guilyardi <ml@xung.org> writes:

> "n" is here an alias for the pg_namespace table, which does not exist
> in 7.2, since schemas where introduced with 7.3...
>
> Am I wrong or is this a backward compatibility issue that forbids
> listing views/tables/whatever with an identical SQL query on 7.2 and 7.4 ?

System catalog layouts have never been guaranteed for backward
compatibility.  Going forward, the stable way to find out about your
tables is the SQL_standard "information_schema" which first appeared in
7.4 IIRC.  This doesn't help you with 7.2 though--you'll have to
handle it specially.  :(

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863