Re: Question about selecting rows

От Douglas McNaught
Тема Re: Question about selecting rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Hrishikesh Deshmukh" <hdeshmuk@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a question about selecting rows, my table has 20,000 rows, i want to
> look at rows 5000 to 10,000.

There is no defined row ordering in SQL unless you use ORDER BY, so
you need to specify how you want to sort it first.

> How does one use the select statement in this case since i don't have a
> specific case to use where?!!!!!!!!!

Something like:

SELECT * FROM mytable ORDER BY index_column LIMIT 5000 OFFSET 5000;

If you leave out the ORDER BY you will get the rows in a non-specified
order, which may be different and (in this case) include a different
set of rows the next time you run it.

-Doug