Re: When/if to Reindex

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: When/if to Reindex
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Steven Flatt" <steven.flatt@gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/22/07, Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> Interestingly enough, the example you've given does not work for me either.
> The select count(*) from test blocks until the reindex completes.  Are we
> using the same pg version?

I was using CVS head but given Tom's explanation I wouldn't expect to see any
different behaviour here.

I just retried it and it did block. I can't think of anything I could have
done wrong last time to make it appear not to block. If I had missed an error
at some point along the way I would have expected the reindex to complete
quickly or fail or something but it was definitely just blocked. I remember
noting (much) later that it had finished.

Strange.

--
  Gregory Stark