Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Arjen van der Meijden <acmmailing@tweakers.net> writes:

> When we purchased our Perc 5/e with MD1000 filled with 15 15k rpm sas disks, my
> colleague actually spend some time benchmarking the PERC and a ICP Vortex
> (basically a overclocked Adaptec) on those drives. Unfortunately he doesn't
> have too many comparable results, but it basically boiled down to quite good
> scores for the PERC and a bit less for the ICP Vortex.
> IOMeter sequential reads are above 300MB/s for the RAID5 and above 240MB/s for
> a RAID10 (and winbench99 versions range from 400+ to 600+MB/s).

FWIW those are pretty terrible numbers for fifteen 15k rpm drives. They're
about what you would expect if for a PCI-X card which was bus bandwidth
limited. A PCI-e card should be able to get about 3x that from the drives.

--
  Gregory Stark