Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) writes:
> "Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm@rice.edu> writes:
>> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 10:47:30PM -0500, Andy Colson wrote:
>>> (I added the "and trust" as an after thought, because I do have one very
>>> important 100% uptime required mysql database that is running.  Its my
>>> MythTV box at home, and I have to ask permission from my GF before I take
>>> the box down to upgrade anything.  And heaven forbid if it crashes or
>>> anything.  So I do have experience with care and feeding of mysql.  And no,
>>> I'm not kidding.)
>
>> Andy, you are so me! I have the exact same one-and-only-one mission
>> critical mysql DB, but the gatekeeper is my wife. And experience with
>> that instance has made me love and trust PostgreSQL even more.
>
> So has anyone looked at porting MythTV to PG?

It has come up several times on the MythTV list.

http://david.hardeman.nu/files/patches/mythtv/mythletter.txt
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2004-August/025385.html
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-July/141191.html

Probably worth asking David Härdeman and Danny Brow who have proposed
such to the MythTV community what happened.  (It's possible that they
will get cc'ed on this.)

If there's a meaningful way to help, that would be cool.  If not, then
we might as well not run slipshot across the same landmines that blew
the idea up before.
--
"Transported  to a surreal  landscape,  a young  girl kills the  first
woman she  meets and  then teams  up with  three complete strangers to