Re: BUG #5747: TimeStamps too far into the future are invalid

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: BUG #5747: TimeStamps too far into the future are invalid
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) writes:
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-374

There's an issue that JDBC doesn't cope very well with 'Infinity'
values, which is more or less the opposite of what's reported here.  I
have been tending to put "don't allow +/-Infinity" constraints onto
timestamps to avoid that particular impedance mismatch.

Just ran a little test of this with...

PostgreSQL 8.3.3, last year's JDBC, and had no difficulties pushing in
the date "2100-01-01 00:00:00".

That suggests the problem to be elsewhere.  (As, I expect, you would
expect!)
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
Rules  of the  Evil Overlord  #194. "I  will make  several ludicrously