Re: Extensions and custom_variable_classes

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Extensions and custom_variable_classes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The effect of that has to be that the postmaster adds a certain amount
> of space to PostgreSQL's initial shared memory allocation.  That means
> the postmaster has to know that pg_stat_statements is a valid custom
> variable class.

Ah. Yes. Indeed. So you still needed to edit postgresql.conf in such
cases. Well there's only 1 contrib module that touches SHM, but is also
happen to be the only one that needs custom_variable_classes support…

Meanwhile, the custom_variable_classes related code has been removed
from the extension's git branch, and the WITH ENCODING option is no more
(the control file encoding is still there and defaults to UTF-8).

Will continue collecting improvements ideas and cleanup needs as we go,
unless you prefer to see new patches (they are easy enough to produce).
 http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-extension.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/extension

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine