Re: GROUPING

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: GROUPING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Maybe INT8 would be a better choice than INT4?  But I'm not sure>> there's any practical use-case for more than 30
groupingsets>> anyway.  Keep in mind the actual output volume probably grows like>> 2^N.

Dean> Actually using ROLLUP the output volume only grows linearly withDean> N. I tend to think that having such a large
numberof groupingDean> sets would be unlikely, however, it seems wrong to be putting anDean> arbitrary limit on it
that'ssignificantly smaller than theDean> number of columns allowed in a table.

Limit on what exactly?

Consider that in both MSSQL 2014 and Oracle 12 the limit on the number
of arguments in a GROUPING() expression is ... 1.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)