Re: [HACKERS] Broken hint bits (freeze)

От Sergey Burladyan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Broken hint bits (freeze)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:

> > I am not sure about rsync, in my production server I have for example
> > 111 GB in pg_xlog and if I run rsync for pg_xlog it must send ~ 40GB
> > of new WALs I think.
> >

> Isn't the difference between old and new is just the last WAL segment
> file?  What is the source of this difference?

Postgres generate WAL files forward, and at standby too :-(
For example:
=== master ===
$ psql -c 'select pg_current_xlog_insert_location()'pg_current_xlog_insert_location
---------------------------------4ED09/34A74590
(1 row)

$ ls 9.2/main/pg_xlog/ | awk '/4ED0900000034/,/xxx/ { print }' | wc -l
2262
==============

=== standby ===
$ psql -c 'select pg_last_xlog_replay_location()'pg_last_xlog_replay_location
(1 row)

postgres@avi-sql29:~$ ls 9.2/main/pg_xlog/ | awk '/4ED0A000000AE/,/xxx/ { print }' | wc -l
2456

See https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/wal-configuration.html