Re: Synchronize with imath upstream

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Synchronize with imath upstream
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 >> I found it much simpler to strip out -Wdeclaration-after-statement
 >> instead:
 >>
 >> $(RYU_OBJS): override CFLAGS := $(filter-out -Wdeclaration-after-statement,$(CFLAGS))

 Noah> The -Wno-declaration-after-statement approach takes eight lines
 Noah> of code, and the filter-out approach takes one. On the other
 Noah> hand, using $(filter-out) changes any runs of whitespace to
 Noah> single spaces ("$(filter-out foo,a b c)" yields "a b c"). We do
 Noah> risk that with CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS in a few places. I don't want
 Noah> to proliferate that practice, because it changes semantics of
 Noah> CFLAGS containing -DFOO="arbitrary text".

In that case I propose that we avoid the whole issue by removing
-Wdeclaration-after-statement entirely.

So far, expressed opinions have run about 4:2 in favour of allowing
mixed declarations and code.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: Able to do ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES from a user who is not theowner
Сообщение: Re: Able to do ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES from a user who is not the owner