Re: the build

От Nic Ferrier
Тема Re: the build
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com> writes:

> Nic Ferrier wrote:
> > But the important point is that the test MUST be done to the target
> > java platform and NOT the platform running ant as it is done at the
> > moment.
>
> Why isn't the platform running ant the same as the target platform?

Because you might well want to cross compile, maybe use javac to compile
code to run on gij (the GNU java interpreter).

> ISTM that ant is designed to support multiple compilers (at least javac
> and jikes) so supporting gcj shouldn't be to difficult.

Yes, I can compile the code with GCJ. I'm already doing that. But
choosing which version to compile is more difficult.

> Are you trying to use gcj to compile to bytecode or to native?

bytecode. for now. It works. But the integration with the build is
zero.

Are you wedded to using ANT to auto-select the version to build? If
so would you accept an ANT task to do the selection properlt (ie:
based on the target VM).

Nic