Re: Date/Time Conversion

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Date/Time Conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
James G Wilkinson <jgw@alpinegeophysics.com> writes:

> I hope that this is some silly beginner's mistake.  I have spent quite a bit of
> time
> reading the PostgreSQL documentation and cannot find my error.  I have also
> scanned the PostgreSQL archive and the web for help, but I have not found
> anything
> to get me over the hump (it is probably out there, I just cannot find it).
>
> All I am trying to do is convert GMT dates and times to an arbitrary
> time zone.  Here is my small test database:

I think the closest thing to what you're trying to do is:

slo=> set timezone  =  'GMT';
SET
slo=>  select '2001-01-01'::date::timestamptz at time zone 'EST' ;     timezone
---------------------2000-12-31 19:00:00
(1 row)

Why are you not just storing a "timestamp with timezone" with the actual time
of the event, and a second column with the local time zone in which you can
choose to use to display the time?

--
greg

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: How to store directory like structures?
Сообщение: Re: How to store directory like structures?