Re: SQL5 budget

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: SQL5 budget
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
jonah.harris@gmail.com ("Jonah H. Harris") writes:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org> wrote:
>> I think you're barking up the wrong tree here; the community can't really do
>> hacking for hire. If you want to pay for something to be implemented (which
>> is great!), you'll need to talk to companies that do Postgres consulting.
>> You can find examples on the website and through google. You could also try
>> posting to pgsql-jobs.
>
> I would suggest submitting it to pgsql-jobs.

Except that it's not a job offer - it's more of a "solicitation for
implementation of something," so I'm not sure that's the right place
either.

Some of the things suggested seem interesting, but many seem (to me)
to be overly tied to an "all XML all the time" view.  I really rather
have PostgreSQL head towards being "more relational" (in the 3rd
Manifesto sense) than take the "all singing, all dancing XML" road.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxfinances.info';
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/sgml.html