Re: GSoC

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: GSoC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Anindya Jyoti Roy <anindyar@iitk.ac.in> wrote:
>> As Jeff Davis pointed out, I followed the modification he suggested and now
>> I want to have a basic matching only. I think atleast the fingerprint
>> processing can be done in summer (if not the image processing). Is it a good
>> GSoC project now?
>
> I'm not sure.  Can you provide a more detailed design?

Apply the following to fingerprint searches ?
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/gist-implementation.html
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Image:Prato_2008_prefix.pdf

I guess that what remains to be defined is how you get those
fingerprint, what the datatype is named, is it fixed size or varlena,
what operators you want to make available, and which will have index
support. That's GiST + GIN, right ?

Regards,
--
dim