Re: No longer possible to query catalogs for index capabilities?

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: No longer possible to query catalogs for index capabilities?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom> But we need to be clear in the documentation about what thisTom> property actually means.  My objection to having
itanswer at theTom> index or column level is basically that that encourages confusionTom> as to what it means.

OK. Here's new output with the scope changes, and some of the names
changed in an attempt to make them clearer:
       cap         | AM | Index | Column
--------------------+----+-------+--------asc                |    |       | tdesc               |    |       |
fnulls_first       |    |       | fnulls_last         |    |       | torderable          |    |       |
tdistance_orderable|    |       | freturnable         |    |       | tsearch_array       |    |       | tsearch_nulls
   |    |       | tclusterable        |    | t     | backward_scan      |    | t     | index_scan         |    | t
|bitmap_scan        |    | t     | can_order          | t  |       | can_unique         | t  |       | can_multi_col
 | t  |       | can_exclude        | t  |       |

(17 rows)

(The can_* names are reserved for the AM level where we're asking about
the abstract capabilities of the AM.)

Better? Worse? Any more improvements to the names?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Btree Index on PostgreSQL and Wiredtiger (MongoDB3.2)
От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: Btree Index on PostgreSQL and Wiredtiger (MongoDB3.2)