Re: BUG #15074: psql client never returns when creating index (long running operation)

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: BUG #15074: psql client never returns when creating index (long running operation)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

 Lars> Hi,
 Lars> Thanks for replying. I will double check the network settings,
 Lars> but couldn't find anything.

I've seen this so many times that I'd bet a fair sum on it.

 Lars> Are there any psql / postgres settings I can check, I couldn't
 Lars> find any that might be affecting this.

The only relevant pg settings are the tcp_keepalives_* ones, which (on
operating systems that support this, i.e. not Windows) cause pg to
request a different keepalive timeout from the OS's default. Note that
OS defaults themselves default to a bit over 2 hours unless you
explicitly configure something else.

Likewise on the client side, if you are using an OS that supports it,
you can use keepalives_idle= in the connection string.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)