Re: json results parsing

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: json results parsing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 >> To clarify, I think my question is functions like json_each or
 >> json_object_keys() are
 >> set returning functions (
 >> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/functions-srf.html),
 >> which means it returns a set of results into a Datum.

 Chapman> Well, it returns one result row as a Datum (either a single
 Chapman> value or a tuple) each time it is called, until the whole set
 Chapman> has been returned. The process is described here

Unfortunately that describes only one of the two calling protocols for
SRFs - the value-per-call mode, which as it happens is NOT the one that
json_each uses; that requires materialize mode, which is not actually
covered in the docs (but you can find examples in contrib/tablefunc).

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)