Re: [JDBC] the build

От Nic Ferrier
Тема Re: [JDBC] the build
Дата
Список pgsql-patches

> If you want to test for JAVAC you need to do it in configure.

For clarification: Yes, we could use the GNU autotools java macros as
well. But postgresql's jdbc library is built using the ANT project
builder tool and it selects the compiler for us if we give it a name.

The JAVAC variable in the Makefile.in is therefore designed to allow
overriding by the user when running the make, thus:

   ./configure --with-java ; make JAVAC=gcj

will build the jdbc library with gcj.

A full java compiler detection system might be overload.

Nic