Re: Visibility map, partial vacuums

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Visibility map, partial vacuums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> The next question is whether the "pending rel deletion" stuff in smgr.c should
> be moved to the new file too. It seems like it would belong there better. That
> would leave smgr.c as a very thin wrapper around md.c

Well it's just a switch, albeit with only one case, so I wouldn't expect it to
be much more than a thin wrapper.

If we had more storage systems it might be clearer what features were common
to all of them and could be hoisted up from md.c. I'm not clear there are any
though.

Actually I wonder if an entirely in-memory storage system would help with the
"temporary table" problem on systems where the kernel is too aggressive about
flushing file buffers or metadata.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!

Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard