Re: Proposal: revert behavior of IS NULL on row types

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Proposal: revert behavior of IS NULL on row types
Дата
Re: Proposal: revert behavior of IS NULL on row types  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> 2. x IS NOT NULL  if and only if  NOT (x IS NULL)
David> ​I would rather prohibit "IS NOT NULL" altogether.​ If one needsDavid> to test "NOT (x IS NULL)" they can write
itthat way.

Prohibiting IS NOT NULL is not on the cards; it's very widely used.
>> Whole-row vars when constructed never contain the null value.
David> ...but what does this mean in end-user terms?​

It means for example that this query:
 select y from x left join y on (x.id=y.id) where y is null;

would always return 0 rows.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: revert behavior of IS NULL on row types
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: revert behavior of IS NULL on row types