Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dmitry Tkach <dmitry@openratings.com> writes:
> - a general solution, that would involve extending postgres SQL gramma
> to include a 'prepare' statement

As someone else mentioned, this has been implemented for 7.3. I
implemented PREPARE/EXECUTE/DEALLOCATE on the backend side, Barry Lind
(I believe) added support for using backend prepared statements to the
JDBC driver.

> The second solution is not only ugly (because it requires the
> application code to be changed and to have a specialized stored
> procedure for every query), but also requires some additional hacks
> (to overcome the hard limit on the number of function arguments and
> the inability for functions to return tuples)

Note that in 7.3, functions can return sets of tuples.

Cheers,

Neil

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...