Re: why was libpq.so's version number bumped?

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: why was libpq.so's version number bumped?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net> writes:

> One of the reasons I ask is, if it is a good reason, like say
> "security", maybe I can persuade the FreeBSD port responsible guys to
> bring the port into the upcoming FreeBSD 5.0 release.

7.3 is not completely compatible with 7.2 at the SQL level, and quite
a few things break.  I wouldn't force users to switch right now.

--
Florian Weimer                       Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/