Re: Common Table Expressions applied; some issues remain

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Common Table Expressions applied; some issues remain
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> 2. The patch didn't touch the implicit-RTE code, which means that
>>
>>     WITH q AS ( SELECT ... )
>>     SELECT q.*
>>
>> will fail even if you've got add_missing_from enabled.  I'm inclined
>> to think that this violates the principle of least surprise.  On
>> the other hand, add_missing_from is certainly a legacy thing and maybe
>> we shouldn't bother expending any extra code to make it work with
>> new features.  Thoughts?
>
> Yes, it's legacy.  I wouldn't bother.

The results would be even more suprising if there *is* a table named "q"
though...

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's Slony Replication
support!

От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Common Table Expressions applied; some issues remain
Сообщение: Re: Common Table Expressions applied; some issues remain