Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kurt Harriman <harriman@acm.org> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
>> Have you considered writing a procedural language plugin for C++?
>
> C++ can masquerade as C, so I don't think it needs a separate
> plugin.  Just tell PostgreSQL that your user-defined function
> is C even though you secretly know it is C++.

Well one thing that might be useful for a c++ procedural language would be
catching C++ exceptions and translating them into ereports which could then be
caught in Postgres.

That's actually what I thought you had done but I just reread your mail and
realized you only handled unhandled exceptions which cause the backend to die.

The other way around could be useful too -- catching ereports/elogs within a
backend API call from C++ code and throwing a C++ exception. I'm not sure if
that's doable though.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's RemoteDBA services!

Сообщение: Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends
Сообщение: Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends