Re: TupleTableSlot API problem

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: TupleTableSlot API problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom> Yeah, good point.  However I think that you could still get aTom> failure.  The cases where a slot might contain a
minimaltupleTom> are generally where we are reading out of a tuplestore orTom> tuplesort object, and all you have to do
toget it to be aTom> palloc'd mintuple is to make the test case big enough so theTom> tuplestore has dumped to disk.
(Nowthat I think about it, ITom> failed to try scaling up the test cases I did try...)

Andrew> Aha; and indeed if you use select t.a, t from func() t; whereAndrew> the function returns a set larger than
work_mem,it doesAndrew> indeed fail messily (against my -O0 --enable-cassert HEAD IAndrew> just get corrupted values
fort.a, though, rather than anAndrew> error). I'll try and reproduce that on a back branch...

Yup, fails the same way on an --enable-cassert build of 8.3.7.

Without --enable-cassert it _appears_ to work, but this is presumably
just because the freed memory happens not to be being clobbered
immediately.

--
Andrew.

От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: TupleTableSlot API problem
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Unexpected Result in Windowing