Re: GSets: Getting collation related error when GSets has text column

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: GSets: Getting collation related error when GSets has text column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeevan> Hi,
Jeevan> When we have text column in the GROUPING SETS (and with some specificJeevan> order of columns), we are getting
errorsayingJeevan> "could not determine which collation to use for string comparison"

Good catch.
Jeevan> After spending enough time, If I understood the code correctly,Jeevan> we are re-ordering the sort columns but
weare not remappingJeevan> the grpColIdx correctly.

Yup.
Jeevan> Attached patch which attempts to fix this issue. However I amJeevan> not sure whether it is correct. But it
doesnot add any newJeevan> issues as such.  Added few test in the patch as well.

I wouldn't have bothered moving the Assert; it can be removed. Otherwise
it looks correct.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)