Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid having vacuum set reltuples to 0 on non-empty relations in

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid having vacuum set reltuples to 0 on non-empty relations in
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

 Tom> I have not looked very closely, but I'm suspicious that the test
 Tom> case depends on no autovacuum transactions running concurrently
 Tom> with it.  Disabling autovac on the table itself is not enough to
 Tom> control whether global xmin is being held back by some other
 Tom> autovac transaction somewhere.

 Andrew> Aren't vacuum transactions ignored for that?
 Andrew> vacuum_set_xid_limits is certainly passing ignoreVacuum=true to
 Andrew> GetOldestXmin.

Answering my own question: vacuum transactions are ignored but analyze
transactions aren't, and autovacuum will happily kick off an autoanalyze
of pg_attribute during the test.

Simplest fix seems to just be to remove the delete statement; I've
verified that the problem can be reproduced without it, and that should
make the result independent of OldestXmin. I'll commit that shortly
unless I hear to the contrary.

--
Andrew.