Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries
Дата
Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-bugs

 Peter> PostgreSQL 14 is the first version where the default
 Peter> wal_sync_method is fdatasync() on FreeBSD -- though only with
 Peter> FreeBSD 13. See commit f900a79e. Perhaps that has something to
 Peter> do with the problem seen here.

Nope. The database in question was restored from a pg_dumpall backup
three weeks ago and I'm told there have been no crashes or even unclean
restarts since then.

 Peter> I suspect that there was TID recycling by VACUUM involved here.

That also doesn't seem likely from the heap page images I saw, which
suggested a fairly low update rate, HOT updates, and page cleanup rather
than much vacuum activity (in particular there were several LP_REDIRECT
pointers and few free pointers).

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)