Re: heads up -- subtle change of behavior of new initdb

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: heads up -- subtle change of behavior of new initdb
Дата
Re: heads up -- subtle change of behavior of new initdb
Список pgsql-hackers
> +         if (!chmod(pg_data,0700))

Out of curiosity, what was the rationale for using 0700? I know it was a pain
for me when I had a script to monitor the tmp usage. Surely read access to
privileged users isn't really a problem? I'm thinking more of loosening the
paranoia check elsewhere rather than this default.

Wouldn't at least 0750 be safe? That way putting a user in the postgres group
would grant him access to be able to browse around and read the files in
pg_data.

Actually I should think 02750 would be better so that the group is inherited
by subdirectories.

--
greg