Re: enable_constraint_exclusion GUC name

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: enable_constraint_exclusion GUC name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Greg Stark wrote:
> >
> > show_parser_stats true
> > enable_hashjoin   true
> >
> > Nouns sound stranger and more awkward:
> >
> > geqo true
> > parser_stats true
> > hashjoin true
>
> Interesting analysis.  No verb in there.

Note that the verb isn't always the same and what verb is chosen helps someone
understand what the server will do.

show_parser_stats is going to "show" something.
add_missing_from  is going to "add" something.

So what will standards_compliant_strings make the server *do*?

It's going to ignore backslash escapes. Perhaps the option should be something
like "interpret_nonstandard_string_escapes" or something like that.

I actually don't really like "interpret" but I can't think of anything else at
the moment.

--
greg