Re: Volunteer to build a configuration tool

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Volunteer to build a configuration tool
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Jim Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org> writes:

> The real issue is that the "stock" postgresql.conf is just horrible. It was
> originally tuned for something like a 486, but even the recent  changes have
> only brought it up to the "pentium era" (case in point:  24MB of shared buffers
> equates to a machine with 128MB of memory,  give or take).

I think it's more that the stock configure has to assume it's not a dedicated
box. Picture someone installing Postgres on their debian box because it's
required for Gnucash. Even having 24M suddenly disappear from the box is quite
a bit.

--
  Gregory Stark