Re: marking tuples

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: marking tuples
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Ehab Galal" <ehabgalal123@hotmail.com> writes:

> In my algorithm, each NewJoin node may "mark" its ps_ResultTupleSlot with
> either red/green. I need that mark to flow in the pipeline so that i can
> collect them at the top aggregate.

How will you tell about the marks from different NewJoins?

I think you'll have to "project" the tuple and add a resjunk column to
indicate that flag. I don't know how you'll identify that column from other
such flag columns other NewJoin nodes have added.

You could look at the setop code in prepunion.c like intersection to see other
plans which add flag columns. In those cases though they are used by the
direct parent of the node which added it, so the planner can just mark a field
in the parent indicating which column it should look at for the flag.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's On-Demand Production
Tuning

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: