Re: stack depth limit exceeded - patch possible?

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: stack depth limit exceeded - patch possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Wöhrer <woehrer@par.univie.ac.at> writes:

> Dear Gregory,
>
> Thank you very much for you fast answer and your tips.
> What is meant by IIUC?

"if I understand correctly"

> Actually just one thread is accessing the database - the two others do
> send/recieve data.

Then in theory it should work. But as I mention other people have run into a
number of problems with threads in the backend.

> I will try my luck anyway and try to built PostGre 8.3 without
> check_stack_depth doing anything - will let you know what happens for my
> application.

I'm a bit confused why check_stack_depth matters if you're calling the
Postgres code from the original thread which called Java. If you're not in the
same thread as Postgres then you're still going to be in trouble.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's 24x7 Postgres support!

Сообщение: Re: stack depth limit exceeded - patch possible?
Сообщение: Re: stack depth limit exceeded - patch possible?