Re: Extensions User Design

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Extensions User Design
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Also, this means that we'll want to make sure that PGXS is included in all
>> existing packages of PostgresQL.  Is it?
>
> Apologies if I missed further discussion on this - I'm somewhat
> distracted with release preparations at the moment...

Yeah, wasn't the best timing for me to open the thread, but I've been
sitting on it what seemed far too much time...

> PGXS is essentially useless on Windows unless you're compiling your
> own code using Mingw/msys, which will be a miniscule percentage of
> users. Our installers for 8.3 and above are all built using VC++.

I guess we'll have to see how the windows world installers are
comparable / compatible with PGXS here, I confess I know nothing about
them...

Is it possible to design this part of the extension system with only
PGXS in mind and later adapt the windows toolsuite?

Regards,
--
dim