Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
reedstrm@rice.edu ("Ross J. Reedstrom") writes:
>  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Support

That's a pretty hostile presentation...

The page has had two states:

 a) In 2008, someone wrote up...

    After some bad experiences with MySQL (data loss by commercial power
    failure, very bad performance deleting old records and more) I would
    prefer to have a MythTV Application option to use PostgreSQL. I
    never saw such bad database behaviour at any other RDBMS than MySQL.

    I'm ready to contribute at any activity going that direction (I'm
    developer for commercial database applications).

 b) Deleted by GBee in 2009, indicating "(Outdated, messy and
    unsupported)"
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/spreadsheets.html

Сообщение: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Сообщение: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions