Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 > On 05/09/2018 18:42, Andres Freund wrote:
 >> Realistically we're going to be running into old versions of clang
 >> for a long time. And the importance of running i386 without SSE2
 >> surely isn't increasing. So I don't really see an urgent need to do
 >> anything about it. And if it gets fixed, and we care, we can just
 >> add a clang version check to the test.

 Peter> Another option perhaps is to let this be and accept it as
 Peter> alternative floating point behavior. We already have some of
 Peter> those.

If it was only a matter of error handling, then the best fix would
likely to be just avoiding __builtin_isinf if (clang AND i386 AND not
sse2).

The problem is that if we're relying on -fexcess-precision=standard
semantics in places besides infinity checks, then we won't get those
semantics on clang/i386/no-sse2 since it has no comparable option. (What
are we doing about compilers for x86-32 other than clang and gcc?)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE
Сообщение: Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE