Re: PREPARE / EXECUTE

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: PREPARE / EXECUTE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:
> The standard approach to such a scenario would imho be to write
> stored procedures for the complex queries (e.g. plpgsql) and use
> that from the client.  Maybe even eliminate a few ping pongs between
> client and server.

Since PL/PgSQL cached query plans are flushed when the backend exits,
how would this help?

Regarding the original suggestion of storing prepared plans on disk, I
agree with Tom -- it's basically the same idea as storing plans in
shared memory, which we previously considered (and Karel implemented),
but ultimately decided to remove. IMHO, the utility of this feature
doesn't justify the problems that would come with implementing it (see
the archives for the original implementation discussions).

Cheers,

Neil