Re: RE : RE : BUG #3519: Postgres takes the wrong query plan resulting in performance issues

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: RE : RE : BUG #3519: Postgres takes the wrong query plan resulting in performance issues
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> The structure of your query is a whole series of left outer joins, the result
>> of which is then (inner) joined with one more table. The outer joins return a
>> whole lot of records but the inner join is only going to match a few of them.
>
> Hmmm ... actually I see 6 tables inside the join-tree and four more
> loose in the FROM-clause, ten relations altogether.  Which means the OP
> is falling foul of from_collapse_limit, and it's not investigating every
> possible join order.  Try setting from_collapse_limit to more than 10.

The three other loose ones are attached to a table inside outer joins though.
Doesn't that prevent any possibility of them being done earlier? But the first
one looks like it ought to be driving the join.

--
  Gregory Stark