Re: Postgres not using array

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Postgres not using array
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
André Volpato <andre.volpato@ecomtecnologia.com.br> writes:

> Tom Lane escreveu:
>>> We are guessing that a dual core 3.0GHz will beat up a quad core 2.2,
>>> at least in this environmnent with less than 4 concurrent queryes.
>>
>> The most you could hope for from that is less than a 50% speedup.  I'd
>> suggest investing some tuning effort first.  Some rethinking of your
>> schema, for example, might buy you orders of magnitude ... with no new
>> hardware investment.
>
> I think we almost reached the tuning limit, without changing the schema.

It's hard to tell from the plan you posted (and with only a brief look) but it
looks to me like your query with that function is basically doing a join but
because the inner side of the join is in your function's index lookup it's
effectively forcing the use of a "nested loop" join. That's usually a good
choice for small queries against big tables but if you're joining a lot of
data there are other join types which are much faster. You might find the
planner can do a better job if you write your query as a plain SQL query and
let the optimizer figure out the best way instead of forcing its hand.

--
  Gregory Stark