Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Ron <rjpeace@earthlink.net> writes:

> At 10:36 AM 1/10/2009, Gregory Stark wrote:
>>
>> Or a system crash. If the kernel panics for any reason when it has dirty
>> buffers in memory the database will need to be restored.
>
> A power conditioning UPS should prevent a building wide or circuit level bad
> power event

Except of course those caused *by* a faulty UPS. Or for that matter by the
power supply in the computer or drive array, or someone just accidentally
hitting the wrong power button.

I'm surprised people are so confident in their kernels though. I know some
computers with uptimes measured in years but I know far more which don't.

--
  Gregory Stark

Сообщение: Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks
Сообщение: Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks