Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
shikase@air.co.jp (Iwao Shikase) writes:
> If I mount the database cluster with caching in my environment, What kind of
>  problem I will meet? Please give the information about the problem you met.

If you use NFS, and are not absolutely certain of the semantics of the
implementation, then you are accepting the risk that in case of a
crash (for nearly any reason), your database may wind up destroyed.

Let me say that more directly:

  The kind of problem you may meet is that your database may be
  destroyed.

Few people have sufficient confidence in the semantics of their NFS
implementations, and the use of NFS is generally not recommended, as a
consequence.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/unix.html