Re: trigger fired on changes in specific column

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: trigger fired on changes in specific column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dennis Bjorklund <db@zigo.dhs.org> writes:
> I would like to fire a trigger when the value in a single column
> have changed. I read somewhere that this is in the SQL-standard but
> not in postgresql, I don't have the SQL-spec so I can't check, and I
> don't know what version of the standard.

Yes, it's in the standard (SQL99).

> I can't find it in the todo list though, either it's missing and
> should be added or it's not there by intention.

It should probably be there -- I can't see a good reason not to
implement it, at any rate.

> If i'm lucky it's even fixed in 7.3 and then I can live without it
> for a while.

It's not in CVS HEAD. Given that no one is currently working on it
AFAIK, it almost certainly won't be in 7.3

Cheers,

Neil