Re: my.cnf to postgresql.conf Conversion

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: my.cnf to postgresql.conf Conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
> sort_mem  (bigger isn't always better here.  This is the amount of memory
> EACH sort operation will grab when it runs, and it seems to be that it
> will grab all of it whether it needs it or not, so be careful not to crank
> this up.

That's not correct -- sort_mem specifies the point at which a sort
operation will start to swap data to disk (i.e. the memory is not
consumed regardless). See the entry on SORT_MEM here for more info:

  http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/runtime-config.html

Another parameter you might want to tweak is wal_buffers.

Cheers,

Neil