Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki
Дата
Список pgsql-www
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:

> Not sure what your definition of normal is; that depends on what you mean by
> "registered". If it means just creating an account via web form, that's
> harldy an impediment to vandalism. We can certainly give more people the power
> to grant write-access to wiki accounts, if that's the perceived hold up.

Do we have any history of vandalism on the -hackers mailing list? There is no
approval mechanism for people subscribing to the list. Would people be happy
if every subscription to -hackers required someone to approve your membership?

I went to do update the wiki recently, found I didn't have write access and
gave up and went back to other things. I think any extra barriers are a bad
thing. It ought to be open until there's a demonstrable problem rather than
preemptively making it less useful because we anticipate problems we have no
evidence of.

--
  Gregory Stark

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki