Re: Indiana changes DST (4th Nov)

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Indiana changes DST (4th Nov)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Zdenek Kotala" <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:

> There are a lot of incoming DST or TZ changes (Venezuela, Brazil, Indiana...).
> Most hot is Indiana which will happen at 4th Nov.

Indiana is moving a few counties from one side of the line to another. The
rules for the zones themselves aren't changing, so I'm not sure we can do
anything to help them.

Actually that's kind of weird, it means any timestamps in your database will
display with the new timezone even though they occurred in the old one. And if
you do time arithmetic with things like now() - '7 days' you'll get the output
in the wrong timezone.

Does the database acquire new timezones for these counties with the rule for
when they changed?